Webinar: Building a Health Literacy Policy Agenda: The Maryland Example and Beyond
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
9:00 am | (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) | 1 Hour
Presenter: Dr. Cynthia Baur
Both public health best practices and the practical realities of large-scale changes to address health literacy suggest the health literacy field should develop a policy agenda. This webinar opens with a brief summary of the presentations made at the 2019 Health Literacy in Action conference describing Maryland health reforms and policies that intersect with health literacy concerns. It will be followed by an overview of the key topics and areas for action that emerged during the conference discussion. Participants will be able to share their own examples of policy developments that can help advance health literacy or conversely that might get in the way of health literacy progress. The webinar will conclude with ideas for a health literacy policy agenda and how to build and implement the agenda in the future.
- Why does the health literacy field need policy development and implementation?
- What types of policies might relate to health literacy?
- Review policy topics discussed at 2019 Health Literacy in Action conference
- Group discussion on identified topics and any additions
- How can organizations and individuals influence the policy development process?
- Discuss ideas and a plan for moving forward on policy topics identified earlier
Attendees will have a chance to ask questions and share ideas during the webinar.
Sign up Link: https://www.healthliteracysolutions.org/events/event-description?CalendarEventKey=66a0b5a7-f1fb-4aa6-9b8b-a342f49af45f&Home=%2fevents%2fcalendar